[tlhIngan Hol] [Spam] tu'be'lu' vs tu'lu'be

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 08:24:46 PST 2018

MO sent an email to Qov about this once, confirming that {tu'lu'} is
becoming a fixed phrase. You can find the text here:
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ThereIs

In this sense, {tu'be'lu'} is what you get if you're being proper (or
pedantic, depending on the listener's attitude towards casual speech
constructions), and {tu'lu'be'} is what you get if you conceive of {tu'lu'}
as a single fixed unit in its own right, rather than as a combination of
verb + suffix.

I'm not sure if {-lu'be'} on its own has a well-defined meaning. (One of
these days, if I get the opportunity, I'd like to ask about whether {-be'}
can be used with various suffixes like {-lu'} and the aspect suffixes, and
what those constructions would mean.)