[tlhIngan Hol] new words episode 14 and 15

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 6 23:06:16 PST 2018

Am 06.02.2018 um 19:14 schrieb kechpaja:
> to the situation or the person), and can't be used to translate a
> sentence like "I'm desperate for a coffee right now", which really just
> means that you really, really want some caffeine.

For this, Okrand suggested using suffixes:

---begin quote------------
My interpretation of "desperate" in the third sentence ("You were
desperate to save us") is a little different. Here I think it means
something more like "eager for, longing for, in real need of, having a
great desire for" and so on.  For this, you could get by with the
suffixes {-nIS} and {-qu'}: {jutoDnISqu'} (or {chetoDnISqu'}; or perhaps
with {neHqu'}: {jutoD DaneHqu'} (or {chetoD boneHqu'}).

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"