[tlhIngan Hol] where the {'e'} of a sao refers

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:55:02 PST 2018

SuStel:

*> jIghungchoHDI' jISop 'e' Dalegh> jISop jIghunchoHDI' 'e' Dalegh*
*> You see me eat when I become hungry.*

*> jISoptaH mInDu'lIj DapoSmoHDI' 'e' Dalegh> jISoptaH 'e' Dalegh mInDu'lIj
DapoSmoHDI'*
*> When you open your eyes, you see me eating.*

> Now, for sanity's sake, I probably wouldn't embed the dependent > clause
in the middle of these sentences like this, but there's no > > actual rule
preventing me from doing so.

Why did you write "for sanity's sake" ? What do you mean by that ? Do you
mean, that if you embeded the dependent clause in the middle of sentences
as the above, it would be confusing ?

~ nI'ghma