[tlhIngan Hol] Maltz about fear

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Feb 2 06:40:02 PST 2018

If one requires a noun to describe a fear, one could also combine -vIp and -ghach.

{QalvIpghach}
= fear of swimming

{puvvIpghach}
= fear of flying

{HeghvIpghach}
= fear of dying

{'eSvIpghach]
= fear of being high up

Perhaps you could throw in a -qu' or -chu' to make it a serious or paralyzing phobia? Or just slap on an -'a' after -ghach.

To express fear of a certain object or animal of the like, one could use a verb like {bam}, {DIgh}, {ta'} or the like, or something more specific.

{mIl'oD bamvIpghach}
= fear of facing sabre-bears

{nentay DIghvIpghach}
= fear of undertaking the Rite of Ascension

{qagh SopvIpghach}
= fear of eating gagh

//loghaD