[tlhIngan Hol] where the {'e'} of a sao refers

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 07:11:35 PST 2018

There is something I've been wondering for quite some time.

A sao has the form {sentence 'e' verb}, with the {'e'} referring to the
{sentence}.

If we write {vIghro' vIje' 'e' Dalegh}, then this means "you saw that I fed
the cat".

But what happens, when before the {'e'} we have two joined sentences ?

Suppose we write {vIghro' vIje' 'ej chab wIvut 'e' Dalegh}.

Where does the {'e'} refer now ? Does it refer to the entire {vIghro' vIje'
'ej chab wIvut}, or does it only refer to the {chab wIvut} ?

Does the {vIghro' vIje' 'ej chab wIvut 'e' Dalegh} mean:

"I fed the cat, and you saw that we baked the pie", or does it mean "You
saw that I fed the cat and that we baked the pie" ? Or does it mean both ?

~ nI'ghma