[tlhIngan Hol] Maltz about to compare

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 7 07:11:33 PST 2018

> I see that {patlhmoH} could be used for a captain to grade/promote a person {wo'rIv patlhmoH HoD}. Make sense?

"Evaluate" would probably be a better translation here.  Speaking from my time in the U.S. Navy - not to mention at the University of Chicago - everyone is formally evaluated ("graded" as it were) in writing once a year by their superior.  Sometimes this is called a "performance review".  This is not the same thing as a promotion, which is {num} "promote" in Klingon:

  Danumlu'.  Sa' Damoj.
  Promoted to general.  (MKE)

--Voragh