[tlhIngan Hol] where the {'e'} of a sao refers

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Feb 7 07:40:57 PST 2018

On 2/7/2018 10:27 AM, SuStel wrote:
> Sentence as object is not defined as "sentence 'e' verb"; it is
> defined as "sentence1 sentence2" (although there is later mention of
> the "two-verb (or two-sentence) construction." There are several kinds
> of SAO, including those using *'e'* or *net,* those using *neH* in the
> second sentence, those using verbs of speech, and those using *rIntaH.*

Personally, I think that the sentence as object is just a subset of the
general trend of "sentence squishing" that Klingon regularly engages in.
*'uSDaj chop; chev*/bite his leg off!;/ *Danumlu'; Sa' Damoj*/promoted
to general;/ *bIr; bortaS rur*/cold as revenge./ That is, Klingon
doesn't mind shoving short, closely-related sentences together to make a
single point. This is why I think Qov's *tlhIngan maH; taHjaj* /remain
Klingon /is good: one mini-sentence is the setup; the other is the
payoff. The sentiment is not complete until the entire utterance is
complete.