[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "all of us"

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:14:54 PST 2018

nIqolay Q:
> I do see where you're coming from here. If {vIghro'mey} refers to
> a group of cats, and {Hoch vIghro'mey} means "all cats, all the
> cats", then if {maH} refers to a group of people, then why wouldn't
> {Hoch maH} be used to mean "all of us, all the people in the
> group of us"?

Yes, you're right. That's exactly what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, although I can understand (or think I can) the reasons presented so
far against the use of {maH Hoch}, unfortunately I cannot *feel* them. If
that makes sense.

Perhaps, it's the way I'm influenced by Greek on this matter, still, I
realize that since there is such controversy on this matter it is best if I
refrain from using it.

So, I'll just settle for a humble..

{vIghro'mey DImuSHa'. naDev muS pagh'e'}

Perhaps, using the time-honored-qeylIS-approved method of writing in a
retarded-multiple-sentence-way, even if it is in order to say the simplest
things, is indeed the way to go..

~ nI'ghma