[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vung

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 09:32:24 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:28 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> Looks like Qov believed Marc translated the sonnet, based on the
> back-translation making *DoD* equal *coordinates.* I'm not sure I follow
> that explanation, but okay.

I don't get the *DoD* thing either. But the way the back-translation of the
sonnet is written reminds me a lot of how Okrand wrotes his
back-translation of the warrior's anthem:
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/WarriorsAnthem For instance, Okrand's
back-translated sentences in the anthem tend to be more complex and
verbose, and he uses punctuation at the ends of sentences (unlike the King
John back-translation).