[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qej

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:38:36 PDT 2017

And let us not forget the {joq} issue too..

qunnoq

On Sep 19, 2017 8:18 PM, "nIqolay Q" <niqolay0 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 18.09.2017 um 19:13 schrieb nIqolay Q:> Would it be possible to also
> include *ngIq* on the wishlist?> can be analyzed a little more, but it'd
> still be nice to finally have > clarification.
>
> What exactly is the question?
>
> I have no problem with {ngIq}, but I haven't followed the recent thread
> about it either.

What precisely it means and how it's used. For instance, how to
tell/express the difference between using it to mean "one single X"
(as in *ngIq
tonSaw' lo' 'ej tIqDu' lel* "In one single move, he removed the hearts")
vs. "each X individually one by one" (as in *ngIq nuv luHoH* "they killed
the warriors one by one"), or if there even is a difference at all between
those meanings. Also, what other concepts can it be used to express, what
other contexts it can be used in, does it mean anything if it's on its own
and not part of a noun-noun phrase, etc. Like I said, it's had a lot more
canon examples than *vabDot*, and I suspect that the usage analysis that
various Klingonists have done based on that canon is going to be mostly
correct. But it would still be nice to know more specifically (and
canonically) from the source, rather than trying to backsolve its meaning
from a few sentences.