[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS construction with law'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 11 09:11:29 PDT 2017

From: nIqolay Q :
> I could have sworn that there was some usage of {law'} used with something that
> couldn't be counted, in the sense of "a lot of", but I'm blanking on it at the moment.

HoS law'qu' luch law'qu' je lo' Duj nuH pat Hub pat je
A huge amount of the ship's power and technology is devoted to its weapons grid
 and defensive systems. SP3

HoS law'qu' natlhmo' So'wI'
Due to the tremendous energy drain of a cloaking device... S33

chIch vay' 'oy'moHmeH 'oy'naQ 'ul law' tlhuD 'oH
Painstiks... emit a highly-charged shock for the express purpose of inflicting pain. S32

yuQ SumDaq cha'puj law' Datu'
Detect large sums of dilithium on nearby planet. MKE

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons