[tlhIngan Hol] Sweat

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 02:18:36 PDT 2017

Because I'm replying from my phone, unfortunately I can't quote specific
parts of the previous messages.

nIqolay Q, reading your suggestions of describing in full, the context of
"sweat" and "swell", I agree that they describe adequately the context of
these words.

But the problem comes when someone is writting a longer text. In a longer
message, if someones stops the flow of his thoughts, in order to describe
the context of a word, a problem arises.

The reader shifts his focus from the main subject, to the context of a word
you start describing. And what if, few sentences down the line, you need to
start describing the context of another word ?

Lieven, the {ghul} is a good idea, but I'm afraid, that if I read {ghul}, I
wouldn't get the impression of "a swollen area". I would probably
understand "lump, tumor".

So, I wouldn't use it to describe a "swelling". I would use it though, and
I will definitely be using it, to describe a tumor.

As a matter of fact, I've been wondering for quite some time, how to
express "tumor", but I didn't ask, because I thought noone would care for
such a word. So, thanks for solving for me this problem.

Anyways, for the above reasons, I would like to ask that at the qepHom to
come, the words "sweat" and "swell" (either in the form of verbs or nouns)
be added to the vocabulary wishlist.

mayqel q