[tlhIngan Hol] DSC Klingon Trailer transcription (NOT offlist)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 23:38:27 PDT 2017

On 5 October 2017 at 08:34, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 05.10.2017 um 08:02 schrieb De'vID:
>
>> Someone had put {DagheS} as the Klingon translation of "Torchbearer" into
>> Memory Alpha, because the subtitle for the spoken line {Sech qengwI'
>> DagheS} was broken apart and the {DagheS} part appears on screen when the
>> word "Torchbearer" was said. I've fixed it.
>>

> If they would just stop calling it "Klingonese"... :-(
>
> Bu after all, I'm curious to know if they are going to accept the Klingon
> spelling of it, because according to their canon policy, that is NOT canon.
> Or do they really count the subtitles?

Well, if you go to the pages of the DSC characters, someone has copied
direct sentences from the Klingon subtitles into the "quotes" sections
(with the corresponding English subtitles in brackets). I mean, the Klingon
subtitles just transcribe what's spoken on-screen, and what's spoken
on-screen is canon, right? (Technically, I think it's the English subtitles
which aren't canon, by their policy.)

--
De'vID