[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yut

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 06:39:24 PST 2017

Am 20.11.2017 um 15:27 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> Klingon word: yut
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: distract, create a diversion
> Source: November 2016 email to Lieven
> AFAIK it's never been used.  (Lieven, has {yut} appeared in Discovery yet?)

I've used it in the subtitles twice in ep. 1.04, but I don't count that
as being IN Discovery.

> See also the new verb {ngel} "lure, attract" used in DSC "Into the Forest I Go":
>
>    pa'vovo' chaH DIngelmeH, 'oH wIlo'.
>    We use it as bait, to draw their flagship away from Pahvo.

Note that this was also as a subtitle, not spoken by the Klingons. I
think you shouldn't use my subtitles as examples. When people argue
thatDiscovery's Klingon is not okrandian canon, then my subtitles are
definitely secondary.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"