[tlhIngan Hol] The new old Klingons

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu May 18 06:10:53 PDT 2017

On 5/18/2017 6:28 AM, Rebecca Krause wrote:

> jIQochbe'. paghmeH tlhIngan Hol vIghojtaH vIneHbe'.
>
> If you see errors I would be happy to be corrected; I'm a learner...
> thank you What I was trying to say with each sentence was:
>
> "I agree. I don't want to be learning Klingon for nothing."

*-meH* is a verb suffix; you can't put it on nouns. The English idiom
/for nothing/ isn't something you can translate quite so easily; you
have to turn it into a non-idiomatic idea first. I'm thinking *lI'be'
tlhIngan Hol ghojtaHghachwIj vIneHbe'*/I don't want my ongoing learning
of Klingon to be useless./