[tlhIngan Hol] The new old Klingons

Rebecca Krause rebecca.krause.1985 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 03:28:40 PDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:55 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 May 2017 at 09:04, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Have you seen the new trailer? If THOSE guys are Klingons, I'm not sure I
> > will keep saying I like Klingons :-/
> >
> > http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/video/LeDfVOm_
> JkJcYJF9ju2izuFJBnF_qJsG/star-trek-discovery-first-look-trailer/
> >
> > These Klingons are a kick in the ass of fifty years of movie history.
>
> tlhIngan DISovbogh rurbe' 'e' vISaHbe'. tlhIngan Hol wIghovbogh
> lujatlh 'e' vISaH.

jIQochbe'. paghmeH tlhIngan Hol vIghojtaH vIneHbe'.

> > They may look pretty well as an alien character, but they do not resemble
> > any kind of Klingon we have ever seen. A little bit of continuity should
> be
> > there; nobody will recognize such Klingons as Klingons, so I'm not sure
> that
> > will help people to want to learn Klingon because they like or recognize
> the
> > guys.
> >
> > These new characters look like cockroaches in spiky uniforms; they have
> no
> > hair, no beard - and we know: toDuj 'oS rol.
> >
> > And I'm not saying this like an old man who wants his old TV show back or
> > does not accept changes.
>
> qeng, qolotlh, qor je Qup rurba' tlhInganpu'na'.

muHaghmoH mu'tlheghvam.

If you see errors I would be happy to be corrected; I'm a learner... thank
you What I was trying to say with each sentence was:

"I agree. I don't want to be learning Klingon for nothing."
"This made me laugh."

(I know a Klingon would probably not feel the need to state that something
made them laugh.)