[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu' chabal tetlh!

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 09:42:41 PDT 2017

On Friday 31 Mar 2017 13:22:38 Steven Boozer wrote:
> moq             beat (something with an implement) (v) -- which is
> specifically associated with music:

I would consider {moqtaH} something that approximates the meaning, I think,
but some canon would be nice to avoid all the guessing.

>   Qom Qu'
>   The mission experiences a tremor. KGT
>
>   Qom He
>   The route experiences a tremor. KGT
>
>   Qompu' Duj
>   The ship has experienced a tremor. KGT

According to KGT, these occur in the slang expression section and mean
"perilous/treacherous". Further it specifically says /experience/ the tremor.
By that it seems clear whatever is {Qom}ing is not doing the trembling, it is
sensing something else trembling.

And further to an earlier comment of mine, I would say if your heart {joq}s,
you die.
To my interpretation, this (for you americans) is clearly a {joq}:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghu0lVm6uE
And this is the beat/rhythm:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBZ2MEBTYJs&t=9s

So until we learn otherwise, I would not be able to use {Qom} or {joq} for
these meanings.