[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu' chabal tetlh!

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:47:30 PDT 2017

"Sand" does occur once in the paq'batlh ({ghobchuq loDnI'pu'}, 2nd verse):

SuvtaH SuvtaH
  qamDu'chaj bIngDaq
  letchoH lam nagh rur

They fought on and on,
  The sand beneath their feet
  Turned hard as rock

Here, Okand used {lam} "dirt" -- which may be a more general term than in English.  As far as I can tell, it's the only example of {lam} in the paq'batlh.

--
Voragh

On Behalf Of SuStel