[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' cha'maH loSDIch New words and some tidbits

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sun Jul 30 18:24:06 PDT 2017

I suspect Marc probably has some insight into the show, or is in contact with somebody who does. Otherwise, I doubt he'd reveal a word for "sarcophagus" and make it abundantly clear that {nev'aQ} was the word to use for the one seen in the show, since then there'd be a very big risk of contradicting whatever's already been recorded for Star Trek: Discovery (which I believe is all but the last few episodes by now).

Hopefully, whoever's doing the translations for Discovery has been allowed to communicate with Marc at least to some degree, so that they can work out issues that would otherwise have been cumbersome but without making up new, non-vetted words.

It's worth noting that Donatu V may also be relevant to the plot of Star Trek: Discovery, as this was the site of a confrontation between the Klingons and the Federation.

This confrontation took place 23 years before The Trouble With Tribbles, which would put it about 12 years before Discovery, but it could still be referenced.

//loghaD