[tlhIngan Hol] The problem with pIqaD

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Jul 4 10:37:35 PDT 2017

On Jul 4, 2017, at 1:19 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> For quite some time now, I have been meaning to learn the pIqaD for no other specific reason rather than the fact that it looks pretty cool.
>
> But there is a problem which takes the fun away.
>
> The pIqaD as it is given has each letter written in a line of varied thickness. But if you try and write it with a pen/pencil, the line would be of the same thickness throughout the whole character.
>
> With the unfortunate result being that after one will have endured the pain of learning it, he will be left with something which doesn't look as cool as the original.
>
> This makes me wonder why it was given with lines of varying thickness in the first place.
>
> qunnoq

The answer is right there in your question: because it looks cool, at least to people who share your tastes in alien typography.

There are several pIqaD typefaces designed with strokes of uniform thickness. Do you think all of them look uncool? If not, pick one to emulate with handwriting.

-- ghunchu'wI'