[tlhIngan Hol] SuStel please tell me, I need to know..

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 08:00:08 PDT 2017

*ja'chuqghachraj vIlaDtaHvIS jIghel vIneHchoH je, 'ach pab bopmo' DIvI' Hol
vIqaq. toH...*

SuStel, you used *-qu'* on *jatlh* to express not intensity of the action
or state the verb is describing (e.g. "speak a lot" or "speak loudly" or
"speak really well" which would have been possible interpretations for me),
but as an emphasis marker, like SPEAKING (as opposed to anything else),
sort of like topicalizing a verb.

Is there canonical evidence for this usage? I'm currently in Myanmar and
didn't bring my TKD, so I can't check it easily now. But this usage strikes
me as odd. Usually so-called "intensifiers" cannot do this in languages,
but I don't know how Okrand described *-qu'* exactly.

*mIyamavo' qavan*,
- André

P.S.: *Do'Ha' naQbe' Sindarin Hol Quenya Hol je. jIQochbe'. Esperanto Hol
tlhIngan Hol je vIjatlhlaH. 'opleS latlh Hol 'oghlu'ta'bogh vIghojchugh,
vaj Na'vi Hol vIwIv. muvuQqu' pabDaj! *