[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' cha'maH loSDIch New words and some tidbits

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Jul 29 13:59:36 PDT 2017

Am 29.07.2017 um 06:38 schrieb Tad Stauffer:> {-Qo'} - The way I'm
interpreting this, the new/clarified info is that > {-Qo'} and {-be'}
can both be used on an imperative at the same time:[...]
> If this has been discussed at the qep'a', could someone confirm that my
> middle example {yISuvbe'Qo'} is correct?

I'm not at the qep'a', but I had forwarded this question to Okrand
before the qep'a', but he asked to reveal the answer not before the
qep'a'. As this topic seems unleashed now, I think it's okay to forward
his message.

The question actually arose from a phrase like {HIleghbe'moH} which is a
command including the suffix {-be'}. Some argued that this is not
allowed, that's why the clarification was made.

which is a bit misleading. It does not mean that -be' cannot be used at
all within imperatives, it just means that it is not used to say
"don't". So the phrase {yIleghbe'moH} "Cause him to not see" follows the
rules properly.

http://www.qephom.de/e/message_from_maltz_170720.html

--
Lieven L. Litaer