[tlhIngan Hol] movie theatre

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Jan 24 14:29:27 PST 2017

I don't believe there's any canonical name for either, but people commonly refer to movies - as well as episodes and shorter videos - as {HaSta much} ("visual display presentation"). For a feature film, you might consider {HaSta much'a'} ("visual display greater-presentation").

Marc Okrand has translated {muchpa'} ("presentation-room") as "theatre" in the sense of "auditorium", which is to say the room in which a presentation is viewed. However, a "theatre" as in a whole building would be a {much qach} ("presentation building").



So, I'd describe a movie theatre building as a {HaSta much qach}, and say that most of these buildings contain several {HaSta muchpa'mey}.

You can read about the syntax of the word {jaH} here:



From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> on behalf of Juliana Bukoski <jfbukoski at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 23:11
To: tlhingan-hol at kli.org
Subject: [tlhIngan Hol] movie theatre

Are there words for "movie" and "movie theatre"?

And I feel like I should know this, but

*theatre* vIjaH


*theatre*Daq jIjaH?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/attachments/20170124/e8d3f017/attachment-0004.htm>

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list