[tlhIngan Hol] Quvar, QISmaS cake Davutta''a'

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Jan 3 11:37:41 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 12:32 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> because I do want to help beginners, from now on I will put each
> sentence in its own line, and use curly brackets to single it out
> according to tkd. and if a beginner wants to discuss any sentence, I
> will be happy to reply.

tlhuHbogh jatlhwI' DaDaQo'chugh, pagh DaQaH.
not {} Deghmey lo' tlhIngan Hol mu'ghom. not Del. not qel. mu'mey Hol
'angmeH, pat pIm lo'.
mu'tlheghmeylIj poj je po'wI' 'e' Dalajqang'a'? bIDubtaHmeH, QaghmeylIj
DaSovnIS.

1) You're not helping anyone by refusing to indicate pauses and intonation
in your Klingon sentences.

2) Curly brackets are neither used nor mentioned in TKD. We use them here
because we want to be able to indicate Klingon words and phrases in the
midst of English, and plain text email does not support boldface emphasis.

3) Are you also willing to discuss your sentences with experts? You still
often make beginner's mistakes like using {-chugh} only on the first of
conjoined clauses, or choosing the noun suffix {-vaD} when the verb suffix
{-meH} would be more appropriate, or fixating on a direct translation using
a nominalized verb instead of using the verb itself.

If you continue to dismiss advice from the skilled longtime speakers of
Klingon, your progress will probably stagnate and you will probably never
become one yourself.

-- ghunchu'wI'