[tlhIngan Hol] -lI': intentional or not?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 28 23:43:31 PST 2017

Am 01.03.2017 um 00:40 schrieb DloraH:
> When I first read [ HIvchu'mo' Heghta' ], the first (and I guess only)
> thought that went through my mind was "He (intentionally) died because
> he did a suicide attack."  It made sense to me, so I didn't think any
> further on it.

Thanks for confirming what I said. I didn't mean to argue that {Heghta'}
is ungrammatical, it just made no sense to me that somebody died
intentionally (except for commiting suicide).

In the above example, it is defined that {Suvchu'} means "fight til
death" but I think it's not implied that one /intentionally/ dies in
such a battle. It's not clear from KGT.

(I'm not any army person; I guess there are some soldiers here who will
confirm that fighting til death might be a possible situation, but do
you do that intentionally? Would the friends of a dead soldier say "He
did it; he's dead now"?)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh