[tlhIngan Hol] where the adverb refers

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 05:05:56 PST 2017

lieven:
> Well, it remains the question what that would be after all. What is
> "almost immortal"?

I have no idea. The "almost immortal" came up, while I was working on
today's {HoS'a' Dop Hurgh} translation. I guess it meant something like "he
was able to live a very long time".

Anyway, returning to the original question.. As I understand it, since the
adverb modifies the entire sentence, its effect must be limited on the verb
of the sentence, and not on any other adjectival verb.

I don't know if this conclusion is correct; it is just the way I "feel" the
adverb functioning in any sentence I can think of right now.

~ nI'ghma