[tlhIngan Hol] Hoch HochHom and pronouns

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Aug 12 02:49:43 PDT 2017

Am 11.08.2017 um 22:09 schrieb SuStel:
> While this is not positive evidence, I will point out that /paq'batlh/ has

Add to this the phrase
  {yIlop. wa'leS chaq maHegh}
  "We may die tomorrow".

This not positive evidence either, but in this case as well, the is no
{Hoch} used.

I believe that saying "all of us" is an english idiom, that cannot be
translated directly. This phrase intensifies the "us" by adding "all".
So I would suggest to add a suffix like {-chu'} or just repeat the verb:

   {tugh maHegh 'ej Heghbej Hoch}
   "Soon we're all gonna die"

If you want to be dramatic, as in a crashing airplane, make it shorter:
   {Hegh Hoch!}
   "everyone (will) die"

   {maHeghbej!}
   "we'll certainly die"

or the obvious use of pronouns for emphasis:
   {maHegh maH}
   "WE (will) die"

--
Lieven L. Litaer