[tlhIngan Hol] Is Star Trek: Discovery a new canon category?

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Thu Aug 10 12:03:19 PDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> This is cat. 1 for me, as the book says "translated by Okrand". He did a
> lot of work on this, even though not 100%, but he has obviously approved
> and/or vetted it.

Except for the parts that got changed that he didn't vet....

> 3. Things done by Klingonists in which Okrand had some involvement
>> (I'm not sure the extent of his involvement in Klingon Christmas
>> Carol? Maybe that belongs in category #2?... TalkNow! Klingon,
>> Festival of the Spoken Nerd)
>>

> AKCC does NOT count as canon to me, but TNK dfinitely does, Okrand
> approved all of it.

One might argue that since Okrand performed the play without making any
changes (except for changes due to changing characters in the play) that he
has vetted it as well. He made no corrections to the text.

However, I don't consider it canon either.

I only consider stuff translated/provided by Okrand alone as Canon. KCC,
Talk Now, paq'batlh, Monopoly, etc are works created with his input, so
they may be "correct", and may contain bits of canon, but they shouldn't be
taken as canon on the whole.

qurgh