[tlhIngan Hol] Is Star Trek: Discovery a new canon category?

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Aug 11 15:58:06 PDT 2017

On Aug 11, 2017, at 6:20 PM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the producers really did put as much effort into the spoken
> Klingon for the show as it appears, then almost all of the spoken
> Klingon will be proper Okrandian Klingon.

I guess I don't get the point of putting it in boQwI'. If it is proper Okrandian Klingon, it will be things that are already in the app. If it is not, then it shouldn't be included as an example.

I don't have an Android computer so I have no idea how boQwI' presents examples. If it's just a separate section of the program that lists the lines and translations, then that would not offend me. But if the user is searching for words and gets results that mix Hamlet or Discovery or Gilgamesh in with material from TKD and KGT, I would consider that inappropriate.

Anyway, nobody should be asking what the Klingon on the show means. If it is intended to mean anything, it will be subtitled. If someone wants to know what the individual Klingon words are, they can all be looked up.

-- ghunchu'wI'