[tlhIngan Hol] Is Star Trek: Discovery a new canon category?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Aug 10 20:05:05 PDT 2017

On 8/10/2017 10:28 PM, nIqolay Q wrote:
> One of the major differences between Discovery and Klingon Hamlet is
> that Discovery is going to be Actual Star Trek Canon. As far as the
> Star Trek fanbase at large is concerned, Qov's sentences are going to
> be as canonical as anything else on the shows and movies.

Yes, as canonical as "quab jee nah geel." That's the canon of /Star
Trek,/ not the canon of Okrand. They are not the same thing.

> If Okrand ends up approving it as "real Klingon" in some way (either
> as standard "Maltz Hol" or an artifact of some dialect), like he's
> done with all the other stuff presented as Klingon on the show but not
> written by him,

Okrand has occasionally retconned something from S/tar Trek,/ but no way
has he done this to "all the other stuff presented as Klingon on the
show." I'd say he'd probably be more likely to retcon or confirm
something by Qov, since he knows her and certain parties on this list
will pester him about any perceived problem, but that's not a rubber stamp.

http://www.trimboli.name/