[tlhIngan Hol] We got words for a Spiral, now what to do with them...

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:54:45 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Jeremy Silver <jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

> I had to do a bit of digging and found various meanings for "He tasks me",
> and
> believe I was right in the "subject-to-hardship" sense. Because Ceti Alpha
> became uninabitable, Khan lost his wife and suffered hardship and I'd say
> "causes to suffer" still works.

{ghong}, perhaps? Other options (of varying literalness) might be
{Doy'moH}, {qaD}, {QIH}, or {tlhoy vummoH}.

(Thesaurus.com - a Klingon translator's second-best friend.)

> It probably could be fairly forced as I was trying for something that would
> work for both a whirlpool and some kind of strange flow of something near
> Antares. But I'm not sure a {mI'rab} connotes the necessary movement. I
> think
> it needs to be something that will {ver} like a {SuS'a'}, but that also
> works
> for water.

How about {verwI''a'}? Explicitly using the verb root (perhaps with a
{-taH} too) might convey the notion of movement more than {mI'rab} does.