[tlhIngan Hol] Combining {-meH} with a question

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Aug 3 08:06:34 PDT 2017

On 8/3/2017 10:53 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> Can we have a {-meH} phrase followed by question ?
>
> e.g.:
>
> maQapmeH chay' mavangnIS ?
> In order to succeed how do we need to act ?
>
> or
>
> romuluSngan DaHoHmeH, nuq 'oH nuH'e' ?
> romuluSngan DaHoHmeH, nuH 'oH nuq'e' ?
> In order that you kill the romulan what is the weapon ?
>
> choQaHmeH bIHeQQo''a' ?
> in order to make me angry you refuse to comply ?

I don't see any problem with this.

I can only think of one canonical example of *-meH* on a question, and
it's a lousy example. *qIpmeH Qatlh'a'*/difficult to hit?/ (ST5) It's a
bad example because it's talking about being difficult for the purpose
of hitting, which is not really the purpose of being difficult.