[tlhIngan Hol] We got words for a Spiral, now what to do with them...

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Aug 9 07:13:32 PDT 2017

On 8/9/2017 10:03 AM, Jeremy Silver wrote:
> {Qo'! ...Qo'! bInarghlaHbe'. ghe''or tIqvo', SoHvaD jIDuQ; jImuSchu'mo',
> SoHvaD tlhuHwIj Qav vItuy'.}
>
> I want this to remain poetic, but replacing {ghe''or tIqvo'} with {ghe''or
> qoDvo'} is already considered. I'm also choosing {SoHvaD jIDuQ} on purpose to
> indicate a stab in your general direction as opposed to a direct hit. Does
> this work?

I can go with *tIq;* Klingons talk about hearts non-literally all the time.

To me, *SoHvaD jIDuQ* says /I stab for your benefit./ *-vaD* doesn't
have any sense of /general direction./ You can just use a locative:
*SoHDaq jIDuQ* /I stab at/to you./ If you had said *qaDuQ* I would agree
it was wrong.

You might also want to change the second *SoHvaD* to *SoHDaq*.