[tlhIngan Hol] We got words for a Spiral, now what to do with them...

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 02:57:58 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 08:29:29 BST mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> jIH:
> > I don't know whether the {*nIbya'* maSmey retlhDaq} and the
> > {*'anta'reS* vertaHbogh vIHtaHghach'a' retlhDaq} can be regarded
> > as full sentences which can be joined by the {'ej}.
>
> On the other hand we *can* use the {'ej} to join two {-bogh}s like
> this: {Doqbogh 'ej law'bogh vIghro'}. I just remembered that. But I
> don't know whether we can join with the {'ej} a string of nouns and a
> {-bogh}. So, I wait for someone who surely knows, to clarify this
> matter.

You're right, thank you for the reminder, forgot I was joining nouns. And it's
back to the proverbial drawing-board in order to draft a new version. Maybe I
should have either used {je} or repeated "I will chase him" each time. I'll
try {je}.

Maybe something like this is better.

{mubechmoH ghaH'e'. mubechmoH 'ej vIghaj.
ghaH vIjeghpa' *Nibia* maSmey retlhDaq, *Antares* vertaHbogh vIHtaHghach'a'
retlhDaq, ghe''or qulmey retlhDaq je vItlha'!}

I guess the quote could be reasonably obscure, but there are Trekkers to be
found studying Klingon. It's from the Wrath of Khan movie, and Khan was
paraphrasing the language of the book Moby Dick. So I'm trying to translate
English from the 1800's with references to strange locations in space. Never
let it be said I only take easy challenges.

mupwI'