[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tojbogh pa'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Sep 29 09:40:10 PDT 2016

Am 29.09.2016 um 16:32 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> (MO to Lieven, 11/23?/2008):  {nIyma'} is the Klingon word for phantom or apparition--something that seems to appear, but isn't really there. It's not the same as ghost, which is the spirit of a dead person (and may or may not look like that person, or may not be visible at all), and it's not the same as spirit (or {qa'}), which is sort of a life force within a person (that escapes when a person dies and may exist somewhere somehow).

PUN: Nima is the name of a qepHom attendee who was most of the time
absent. Students were joking whether "nima" may be klingon for the
opposite of "uninvited guest" {'elIjaH}, so a guest who does not show
up. By the way, Maltz was suprised that we knew that word :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh