[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tojbogh pa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 29 07:32:02 PDT 2016

> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, September 29, 2016
>
> Klingon word: tojbogh pa'
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: holodeck
> Source: STAR TREK COMMUNICATOR (#104, Aug-Sep 1995)

  tojbogh pa' tuHmey
  Holodeck Adventures (STC 104)

AFAIK we don't have a word for hologram, but *{HaStaHey} has been used occasionally on the List.  Since 2008 we've had {nIyma'} "phantom, apparition" which I rather like:

(MO to Lieven, 11/23?/2008):  {nIyma'} is the Klingon word for phantom or apparition--something that seems to appear, but isn't really there. It's not the same as ghost, which is the spirit of a dead person (and may or may not look like that person, or may not be visible at all), and it's not the same as spirit (or {qa'}), which is sort of a life force within a person (that escapes when a person dies and may exist somewhere somehow).

SEE ALSO:
mIllogh  		picture, image, drawing, etc. (n)
HaSta  		visual display (on monitor) (n)
QIb 			shadow (n)

cha' 			show, display (picture) (v)
Hotlh 		project, put on (screen) (v)

--