[tlhIngan Hol] Marc Okrand narrates audio tour for the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:22:51 PDT 2016

On Sep 9, 2016 04:45, "Felix Malmenbeck" <felixm at kth.se> wrote:

> Marc Okrand recently translated and recorded descriptions off  the
Smithsonian's new GO FLIGHT app. They can be listened to here:

> https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/explore-museum-klingon

<John Glenn’s Mercury spacecraft became “Mercury jup ghom Soch” (“Group of
Friends 7”), because there is no Klingonese word for “friend.”>

nuqjatlh? There is a Klingon word for "friend": {jup}, which is even used
in the translation. There is no Klingon word for "friendship", which is why
"Friendship 7" is translated as "Group of Friends 7".

On Sep 9, 2016 04:58, "Michael Roney, Jr." <nahqun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:
>  Should I write them up here or follow some 30-day rule?
>
> IIRC, the 30 day rule is to avoid (the appearance of) cutting into a
company's profits.
> If the text is freely available in a free app, I don't personally see a
reason to wait.
> (partly because I am unable to download the app...)
>
> ~naHQun

It's also so that people who have ordered the product but haven't received
it yet, or who live in a region where it's available slightly later, can
avoid being spoiled of the fun of deciphering the Klingon for themselves.

That doesn't apply in this case, since it's a free app available
immediately to anyone worldwide (who has the means to get it).

--
De'vID