[tlhIngan Hol] Marc Okrand narrates audio tour for the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum

Rhona Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:47:28 PDT 2016

ghItlhpu' taD, jatlh:

> I installed the app from the Google Play store, and for the Klingon tour, it shows

> the Klingon text for each artifact.

qatlho', taD, 'ej ghItlhHommeywIj nuDta'bogh 'ej lughmoHta'bogh latlhpu'vaD, tlhIH Satlho' je.

*{DIHbe'} ? {rIQbe'} does make sense in the context (arrived unharmed), and my mishearing may be an artefact of a trill misheard as a stop in the onset. Aren't I a DIH. HIvqa' veqlargh.

Similarly, where I heard *{tu'lu'taHvIS} I did suspect {turlu'taHvIS} could be possible, but erred on the side of caution. Another gloss for {tur} could potentially be "supervise" (though yes, I know that unmanned missions are supervised from mission control). I'm a little leery of a definition like "man (verb), control by non-automated means, supervise", because it seems to make little sense that only most of the mission was {tur}ed (the Klingon says {Qu' wa'DIch HochHom} explicitly). Though I do wonder: with a definition like "man (verb), to control or oversee as an intelligent agent", could there be a connection to Alan Turing? Is something that would pass the Turing test {tur}ing - if you'll pardon the pun - by definition?

QeS 'utlh