[tlhIngan Hol] STID canon

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 7 07:44:18 PDT 2016

Don't worry if the subtitle isn't a precise grammatical match for the Klingon.

Sometimes the English line is just too colloquial for Okrand to translate literally, so he gives an approximation.  Sometimes the movie people re-word the subtitle after the Klingon has been provided and filmed.  And sometimes they even replace the subtitle with a completely different one -- resulting in some very creative new vocabulary by Okrand.

--
Voragh