[tlhIngan Hol] The concept of "one/each/every time"

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Oct 31 07:16:09 PDT 2016

On 10/31/2016 9:50 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> However, as lieven pointed out, if we analyze {Hochlogh} we will see
> that it possesses {Hoch} and {-logh}, which brings its "literal"
> meaning awfully close (in a good way), to "each/every time".
>
> So, why not use it in order to describe the "each time" concept ?

*-logh* doesn't mean "times"; it turns the number it's attached to into
an adverbial meaning how many times something happens. *Hochlogh* refers
to the number of times something happens (all the times!), not each
individual instance. If you can't put *reH *in its place and get exactly
the same meaning (with altered emphasis), you're not using it right.