[tlhIngan Hol] jeS

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Oct 20 06:29:47 PDT 2016

Am 20.10.2016 um 14:54 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> I need to comment that in the aforementioned examples, there is an
> ambiguity. Someone says something along the lines of "while this
> happens" and continues by "I will participate". It does not specify that
> "he will participate to THAT event".

I'm not so sure about that. Okrand said "It generally is in a phrase
following a phrase saying what the subject of jeS is participating in."

So when a person says "I participate" after mentioning an event, at
least in Klingon it's quite clear.

Also in english, when a person says "There's a comic con tonight. I am
going." Nobody would wonder where he is going to (unless he want to
behave as a smartass).

tugh qaS qepHom'a'. bIjeS'a'?
"Are you attending the qepHom'a' next month?"

wa'Hu' bom moqwI'pu'. jeS vaghSaD nuvpu'.
"The beatles had a concert yesterday with 5,000 visitors."

tachDaq Suv tlhInganpu'. jeS jav.
"six Klingons participate in a bar fight"

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh