[tlhIngan Hol] Can I use {Hur} on its own ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Nov 24 10:52:06 PST 2016

On 11/24/2016 1:38 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> At another thread I wrote:
> {toH, juHwIjDaq vIjaHmeH yaHwIj HurDaq vIjaH net poQ}
>
> Would it be acceptable if I wrote:
> {toH, juHwIjDaq vIjaHmeH HurDaq vIjaH net poQ}
>
> So, the question is: Can words as {Hur}, {bIng}, {Dung} etc, be used
> on their own, or is it necessary for them to refer to another noun, a
> noun that will precede them ?

Sure, you can use them on their own. Just remember that their concepts
are relative to something else, so some context is usually needed. You
provide that in your example sentence because you're talking about being
at your duty station before you talk about going outside. Outside what?
Your duty station is obviously indoors, so you go out. Not a problem.