[tlhIngan Hol] What exactly does the {'ej} connect ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 03:18:01 PST 2016

De'vID;
> Note the part that says {lengtaHvIS... 'ej charghtaSvIS}.

maj. this answers my question, and shows that the {'ej} is indeed able
to join two "parts of a sentence" (I don't know how else to call
them).

and -correct me if I'm wrong-, according to this canon example we
could write too: {qaleghmeH 'ej qa'uchmeH, jIlengta'} for "in order to
see you and in order to hold you, I traveled". Also, we could write
{qaleghDI' 'ej qa'uchDI' jIQuchchoH} for "as soon as I saw you and as
soon as I held you, I became happy"

however, this does contradict the "strict description" of {'ej}, that
"it is used to join sentences". Unless of course, what I've been
calling "parts of a sentence" are considered to be true sentences..

qunnoH jan puqloD