[tlhIngan Hol] Disturbing irregularities

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Jun 21 11:20:52 PDT 2016

> as I understand , the subject is defined as "one who is, or one who
> does" ; and since we use OVS, then how can we place the "one who is,
> or one who does", before the verb ?

As SuStel suggests, Klingon "pronouns" are {chuvmey} and may not always behave like we'd expect verbs to.

However, I think it makes perfect sense in this case. Remember, {'Iv} is a pronoun, just like {SoH}, so you can say things like:

{chotta'wI' 'Iv?}
= "Who is the murderer?"

[nuvvetlh 'Iv?}
= "Whose that person?"