[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: quvmoH

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 01:42:25 PDT 2016

> ghaH rI' 'ej quvmoH qanra' qamchIy qup'a'
> He is welcomed by Kahnrah, Patriarch of Qam-Chee.

this sentence is a wonderful example, of how to place an
explanatory/specifying addition to a noun ; although I wonder, whether
without punctuation or the english translation, this couldn't be the
cause of some confusion as far as the relation between the nouns is
concerned.

> tlheDDI' quvmoHmeH veng HeHDaq lutlha' SaD law' nuvpu'
> Thousands followed him to the edge of the city, to bid him farewell. PB

this proves that we can actually say {SaD law'}, and opens the doors
for placing similar verbs, on various number forming elements.

> (st.k 11/1997):  Maltz reports having heard both {quv'eghmoH} "he/she honors
> him/herself", which follows the expected order (verb-Type 1-Type 4) ... as well as
> the weird {quvmoH'egh} "he/she honors him/herself"..

I remember some time ago, we had discusssed the issue, of being given
a verb with an X type suffix, needing to place a previous-X suffix,
and wondering as far as the "where that suffix is to be placed" is
concerned. finally this excerpt addresses that matter.

mop Hurgh