[tlhIngan Hol] [tlhIngan-Hol] Hergh ngevwI'

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Wed Jun 8 12:38:08 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you qurgh !

You're welcome!

> Your post has been very informative indeed ;
>
> So, here comes the final question.. And to confess my sin, this is
> what sparked this whole thread..
>
> In my dictionary I have {Hergh ngevwI'} listed as "the store and/or
> the person". Should I leave this, as is, or should I delete the
> "store" definition, leaving only the "person" ?
>
> qunnoq

I'm going to second what Lieven said in his email about not sticking too
much to the definitions. If you know what {Hergh}, {ngev} and {-wI'} mean,
then the result from combining them should form naturally. Don't lock it
down to a specific, limited, set of English (or greek) words. If I was
forced to add this to my dictionary (I don't have it in mine:
https://hol.kag.org/words/Hergh_ngevwI'), I would label it as "a seller of
medicine" and avoid the whole "thing/person" issue.

qurgh