[tlhIngan Hol] Can I go around the SAO, this way ?

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Jun 28 18:18:30 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 6:03 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, let me ask a trick question : Do you accept exclamations with no
> overt subject ? For example :
>
> teH ! wa'Hu' Ha'DIbaH vISopta'.
> it is true ! yesterday I ate an animal.

Sentences with unstated, implicit subjects are fine. But the trick is
that the example you gave is grammatically correct yet isn't
respecting the tools of Klingon grammar. If you want to express
certainty, use the Type 6 verb suffix {-bej}.

wa'Hu' Ha'DIbaH vISopbejta'.

If I were to do it your way, I'd actually put the {teH} sentence last.
{vISopta'. teH!} "I did eat it. It's true!"
However, I don't think there's anything particularly hard to believe
about eating meat. :-P

-- ghunchu'wI'