[tlhIngan Hol] Because He knows

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 03:26:06 PDT 2016

jIH:
> tlhIHDaq lIghoSmo' mupwI', Savup
voragh:
> {tlhIHDaq} is also redundant, since you have just mentioned them

I placed the {-Daq}, since {ghoS} can either mean approach / go away
from, depending on the presence of nouns with the suffixes {-Daq} /
{-vo'}. Surely someone familiar with the original text would
understand if I omitted {-Daq}, but I wanted to specify the exact
meaning for someone who wouldn't already know.

voragh:
> BTW, why do you call the Devil "the Hammer"?

oh, that was a mistake of mine ; I thought I remembered the correct
word so I didn't look it up.

I was aiming for {pumwI'} which would mean both "fallen" and
"accuser". We all know that he is called "the fallen", and as far as
"the accuser" is concerned, it fits because in the old testament he is
portrayed -among other things- as the one who constantly accuses man.

voragh:
> consider omitting one or both {ghaH} "he":
> 'ej 'e' Sovmo' ghaH QeHqu'.
> 'ej 'e' Sovmo' QeHqu' ghaH.
> 'ej 'e' Sovmo' QeHqu'.

believe it or not, I thought about it ! but the problem is, if I did
omit it, someone could wonder if the sentence was referring to a "he"
or a "they".

often I read klingon sentences, which go overboard omitting things,
and I find myself going back and forth at the passage trying to figure
out what the writer is trying to say.

so, I decided that if the verb prefix specifies the "who does what to
whom" I will be omitting things. but if ambiguity exists then probably
I will refrain from omitting things.

mop Hurgh