[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nugh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 11 10:50:14 PDT 2016

SuStel and I are actually saying the same thing, only he explained it better.

Another example where the subject is elided is:

  romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'
  a Romulan hunter-killer probe (KCD)

It's a small assassination device that has two functions closely connected - {Sam} ("locate" or "seek and find") and {HoH} ("kill"); so closely that "hunter" and "killer" are hyphenated in English to show they refer to the same thing.  Repeating the subject might imply two separate devices:

  *romuluSngan Sambogh nejwI' 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'
       a Romulan hunter probe and (a) killer probe

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'