[tlhIngan Hol] How much do you pay for a coffee ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:49:54 PDT 2016

Qov, SuStel, ghunchu'wI', DloraH je, Sujangta'mo' jIQuchchoH !
Qov, SuStel, ghunchu'wI' and DloraH, thank you for replying !

ghunchu'wI':
>  jISovchu'be'.

I like this use of {-chu'} together with {Sov} !

jIH:
> qa'vIn qachDaq ba' vay' neHlu'chugh vaj motlh 4 *euro*mey nobnIS.
ghunchu'wI':
> qa'vIn Hev'a' je DIlwI'?

I can't understand the {qa'vIn Hev'a' je DIlwI'?}. My sentence meant
"at a coffee house if someone wants to sit, then usually 4 euros he
needs to give".

But I can't understand the {qa'vIn Hev'a' je DIlwI'} ; "coffee he
receives (question) and/too the one who pays for" ?

If this means "and the one who pays (the 4 euros), does he receive the
coffee?" then the answer is :

HIja' ; qa'vInvetlh Hev 'ej tlhutlhmeH qa'vIn qachDaq ba'laH.
yes ; he receives that coffee and he is able to sit at the coffee
house in order to drink it.

mop Hurgh qunnoq